First looks are starting to be commonplace in most weddings, but a lot of brides can’t decide if one is right for them or not. Keep reading to see some photos from of our favorite first looks and learn why we are a huge fan of them!
1. We hear from brides all the time that their wedding day went by faster than they could have ever imagined. If you do a first look, you get a couple minutes of alone time with the love of your life to take a break from the day, take it all in, and soak up all of the emotion.
2. Another trend we adore, is reading your vows privately to one another. If you’re not comfortable spilling your heart in front of all of your family and friends, or just want to make it a little more personal, consider reading your vows to each other during your fist look.
3. After spending hours looking for the perfect dress, having a first look is the perfect opportunity for your husband to look at your dress and admire the details. You can choose if you’d like to walk right up to your soon-to-be hubby or give him a chance to take in the your whole dress and bouquet.
4. From a photography standpoint, first looks can be incredibly beneficial because you are then able to take photos before the ceremony. This lets you go in and enjoy your reception more quickly. Also, if you are having a Fall or Winter wedding, sunset is likely during or right after your ceremony. If you want outdoor photos, you’re going to have very little time before it gets dark.
5. During the first look, you also have the opportunity to really open up and be emotional with the love of your life on the most special day of your life. During this wedding, the bride got a pendant with photos of family members who had passed away for the groom to pin inside his jacket for the ceremony.
6. Some brides are worried that they won’t get the same rush of emotions that they would walking down the aisle. Every girl dreams of her future husband tearing up as you walk towards them. Knowing that this is the first step of the rest of your lives, still gets a lot of grooms choked up, regardless if the’ve already seen you or not.
Are you still not sold on the idea of doing a first look? There are some other options to give you some alone time with your love before the ceremony. You can take a minute to talk to each other through a door, or around a corner. If you’d prefer, you can also take the chance to write each other letters, or pick out presents, to show your affection and express how excited you are to be so close to marrying the love of your life! No matter what you decide, choose what feels right for you as a couple.